Thirty years as a successful corporate executive and entrepreneur have given John Hersey a unique perspective on human behavior, leadership, motivation and change.
This foundation allows him to offer speaking, coaching and consulting programs that are rich with content and packed with actionable fresh insights. He knows about leadership because that is exactly what he has done throughout his career-lead organizations and teams.
- At the age of 28, John was Vice President of Marketing for a $1 Billion Bank.
- By 34, he was Senior Vice President for one of the top advertising agencies in the country. He managed major advertising brands in the footwear, retail, consumer product, insurance and financial service sectors with collective media budgets in excess of $30 Million.
- John led the team that helped Stanley Tools become an international household name and the brand of choice for millions worldwide.
- He co-founded The Hersey Custom Shoe Company , included in “The Best of The Best” and rated by Runners World Magazine as the best new shoe for 1982 and 1983.
- He founded BBH International, a distribution company with operations in the U.S. and 10 foreign countries.
- He was Director of Worldwide Marketing for a Nutrition Company operating in six countries.
- He spearheaded the creation of Buyers Online, a publicly traded telecommunications company.
- John is a Certified Professional Behavioral and Values Analyst. He brings his expertise regarding the impact of behavior on communication, sales and leadership to every program and event.
- John is the featured Leadership Columnist for the Phoenix Business Journal.
- He is the author of "Finding and Keeping Great Leaders - CEO's Explain How Corporate Culture Shapes Potential Leaders".
- John is also the author of the highly acclaimed book, "Creating Contagious Leadership".
- John is the Past President of the National Speakers Association Arizona Chapter.
- As active Volunteers and Philanthropists, John and his wife, Beverly Belury, actively support the McKenzie Monks Foundation, which helps kids cope with cancer, Junior Achievement, The Fountain Hills Chamber of Commerce, and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Scottsdale, where he has served as a speech mentor to the Youth of the Year contenders for the past three years.
- John is certified in TriMetrix, an advanced position benchmarking and talent management tool.